In the December Scripts kit, there's a cool little Fiskars craft knife. Of course, I had to try it out immediately, but what to cut....?

I grabbed this Pink Paislee sheet from my stash. I'd always liked it but didn't know what to do with it. So, I grabbed my new and oh so cool craft knife and cut some detail out of the tree. I wanted to make a little magical, whimsical tree, so I added some tulle peeking out from behind the cut details.


I also attached a few buttons and a tiny little gold bell (my favorite!!!). It needed more "light" things so I added two tiny butterflies made from ribbon and embroidery thread. I just cut about an inch and a half of ribbon (a scrap is all you need). Then, I wrapped some embroidery floss tightly around the middle of the ribbon and tied a knot, leaving the ends a little long. Then, I trimmed the ribbon to angle them at the edges to look more like a real butterfly.