My resolution for 2011 is to decorate my house. I have done lots of "decorating" but nothing is ever finished. This year, I want to finish something. Alot of things actually.

There were a few little home decor projects I wanted to get done. So, yesterday, I did a few.


First up is a little picture for Cam's room. I had this piece of Crate Paper patterned paper that I just LOVED. It was so pretty, I couldn't use it. I couldn't bear to cut it. So, I decided to display it as the background to a picture so I could look at it all the time.


I got two metal dress forms a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby 50% off. I like the edgy, femme theme and that is what I'm going for in Cam's room. I cut out two dress forms with my Silhouette and glued them on the paper. Then I framed it and hung it in Cam's room. Easy.

About a year ago (see, told you I was slow with the decorating), I bought a bunch of paper lanterns. My original plan was to hang them in Cam's big girl room, but it didn't quite work out (as you can see, I went in another direction). So, yesterday, I took six of the white ones and hung them in the playroom.
They kind of look like clouds.
So, it's not finished, but it's a start. I also made three canvases using some patterned paper scraps that I am going to hang in the foyer. I haven't photographed them yet so I will save that for another post.

Happy New Year!!!